Tips to Prevent Common Beach Volleyball Injuries
* Make sure to survey the beach court before playing to make sure there is no debris that you might land on and hurt yourself (keep a first aid kit with you)
* Bring layers of clothes to wear if the weather is cold and sun protection for hot days as well as lots of water to drink and food/snacks for longer tournament days
* Arrive early enough to practices, games and tournaments to allow time for a thorough full body warm up (including dynamic movements and stretching)
* Consider doing a flexibility, strength and conditioning program throughout the summer to prevent overuse injuries and get stronger for the indoor season (include core exercises and shoulder strengthening for the rotator cuff muscles)
* Minimize any preliminary injuries with manual therapy treatment from your chiropractor, physiotherapist, massage therapist, athletic therapist, osteopath, etc.
Click here read the full article!